Saturday, March 1, 2014

Going back to work...

Sweet Titus,
I cherish these moments.
   Its been 7 weeks since you were born. Its been the best 7 weeks of my life. I have been able to spend every day with you and your brother and every day I fall more and more in love with you both.  Every morning I wake out of bed with you in my arms. You have been a great sleeper, but usually around 4am you get gassy and cannot sleep unless you are laying on my chest. So every day in the wee hours of the morning I get to relish in the sweetness of feeling your tiny little body resting heavily on me. I know you take comfort in being with me like that because for 40 weeks you listened to my heart beat and the rhythm of my breathing while you slept.


Snuggle time with daddy.
   We then spend the mornings playing with Maximus, doing some housework, and often going on a jog to the park. You have been an unbelievably sweet and easy going baby. You are very content most of the day, and only cry when you really need something. This has been a blessing because Maximus is in a stage where he requires quite a bit of attention. Every afternoon he takes a nap and thats when you and I get some play time. You love laying on my bed and kicking your legs. You have started smiling and making adorable cooing sounds that I wish I could record and listen to over and over for the rest of my life.
Look how cute you are. You can see your sweetness in your eyes.
   On Tuesday I have to return to work. I am really struggling with this. I can't imagine being away from you for so long during the day. We haven't been apart in 11 months. It doesn't feel right to be away from my baby when you are still so little and we are so attached. I love that you need me so much right now and I guess I am afraid that this will make you need me less.  You will be at Grammy and Paps' house and I know you will be in good hands but I just wish I could be with you all of the time. I know that coming home each day is going to be the best feeling in the world because I will have you and Maximus and daddy there waiting on me.
   I love you so much Titus. I will always remember this very special time in my life where I had no other job but to be mommy to you and Maximus for 7 weeks. Its the best job there is.
-Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment