Sunday, October 2, 2016

I Can Feel The Ocean

Ty Ty,
Hammock Time



  Last weekend we went to Mexico as a family with our good friends the Grudeckis and the Dwiggins. It was a great time for everyone because all of the kids get along so well with each other. You had your buddy Lincoln there and you loved following Gracee around all weekend.  I had fun with the grown ups and watching you and Maximus play. But I gotta tell you, my favorite part of the whole trip was the 1:1 time I got with you.  The first day I had a shirt on that said "I Can Feel the Ocean" from a Switchfoot song so you kept asking me to play the song. It kind of became our song for the weekend. Whenever we went into the ocean, you were kind of scared and wanted me to hold you and sing that song to you, so for a long time thats just what we did. When we were in the pool you wanted me to hold you too, and we even took a nap in the hammocks together and played that song on my phone. I loved every minute of it. And since coming home we have had some great moments where you came over and asked me to dance with you and play that song. I just held you and we danced. I don't know how long you will want to be this close to me, but I count myself so blessed to have it this way. You just bring me so much peace, especially when you are in my arms.
   Love,
 Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment